Over half the population suffers from at least one headache every year, which range from mildly annoying to completely debilitating.
Just like there are multiple kinds of headaches, there are also countless reasons that headaches occur. You could be suffering from a headache due to bad posture, stress, long hours at the computer, food allergies, a neurological condition, or any number of other triggers. Most headaches respond quite well to chiropractic care, but because of their usual complexity, creating an overall wellness plan is always a good start to preventing any future pain and discomfort. The doctors at Hood River Chiropractic & Wellness can help determine the cause of your headaches, then create a wellness plan to effectively deal with them.
There are many types of headaches, with the most common including:
- Sinus Headache, caused by congestion and pressure in the sinuses
- Migraine Headache, which are related to the nerves and blood vessels that surround the skull
- Tension Headache, caused by tightened muscles and muscle spasms around the neck and head and neck
Try some of these tips to avoid headaches:
- Stay hydrated by drinking the correct amount of water each day
- Manage your stress levels
- Avoid processed food that contains dyes, colors, preservatives, nitrates, and nitrites
- Set your computer screen at eye level
- When working on the computer, take small breaks every hour to move your upper body, head, neck, and eyes
- Exercise at least 3 times per week, including cardio, strength training, and flexibility training